James Morris and Michael Volle to Join Met's 'Meistersinger'
The two singers will fill in for Johan Reuter as Hans Sachs in "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg."
The two singers will fill in for Johan Reuter as Hans Sachs in "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg."
The French conductor Bertrand de Billy announced that he was canceling his upcoming performances because of differences with the company's management.
The Metropolitan Opera is modifying its program that offers $25 tickets in some of the priciest sections of the opera house by moving it onto the web this season, rather than having patrons …
Plácido Domingo has extended his contact as the general director of the Los Angeles Opera through the 2018-19 season, the company announced Friday.
The agreements pave the way for the Met to open its season on Sept. 22 without delays.
The Metropolitan Opera's general manager, Peter Gelb, has threatened to lock out workers at the opera house if they do not agree to concessions.
The Gotham Chamber Opera will offer two productions this fall.
Met Opera Radio will have a weeklong retrospective on Carlo Bergonzi, the great Italian tenor who died on July 25.
The Metropolitan Opera, which is in the midst of tense labor negotiations that are threatening the coming season, said in a financial disclosure filing last week that its deficit in the fisc…
David Hertzberg has been named the first winner of the Catherine Doctorow Prize for Music.
The company is to present three world premieres at the Sept. 23 gala, with choreographers sharing top billing with couturiers.
Ms. Boylston has danced in "Giselle," "La Bayadère," and "Swan Lake" this season, earning a number of good reviews.
The choreographer Paul Taylor sold four of his Robert Rauschenberg pieces on Wednesday and Thursday to help pay for the new center of modern dance he is creating.
The Met said it was seeking cuts of between 16 and 17 percent from the 16 unions representing its workers, whose contracts all expire at the end of July.
Ms. Stemme will sing the role in the third of three full "Ring" cycles that Washington plans to mount in the spring of 2016.
The Metropolitan Opera's unionized orchestra members voted to authorize a strike vote in the event negotiations fail.
New York City Ballet's season will also include the principal dancer Wendy Whelan's farewell performance and the company premiere of "La Sylphide" by its ballet master in chief, Peter Martin…
Mr. Leigh will make his operatic directing debut next season, and Peter Sellars will direct Purcell's "The Indian Queen" and John Adams's oratorio "The Gospel According to the Other Mary."
The Metropolitan Museum of Art will continue to shift away from traditional recital series.
The New York City Ballet spring gala on May 8 will include works featured at the 1964 opening of its Lincoln Center home.
Michael Fabiano, a 29-year-old whose burnished tenor has made him one of the opera world's most closely watched young singers, has won the $50,000 Richard Tucker Award.
The Mark Morris Dance Group will offer a new staging of Handel's "Acis and Galatea" at the Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center this summer.
Juan Diego Flórez, the bel canto tenor, is withdrawing from the first three performances of Rossini's "La Cenerentola" at the Metropolitan Opera later this month citing illness, the opera…
The opera company, which was nearly 50 years old, said it would close its doors after this season ends in April because "of an insurmountable financial hurdle going forward."
The death of the title character in Massenet's "Werther" was silent for opera fans who went to movie theaters across the country on Saturday to see Jonas Kaufmann perform the title role in t…